Thursday, April 17, 2014

Girl Scout Daisy Headband

I wanted a good way to keep a visual of our troop in a crowd of Daisies at Daisy Days, so I created these unique headbands.  It worked, our girls were very easy to spot.

I started with these Dollar Tree headbands.  I removed the butterflies and saved them to use for another project.

Next, I cut all the Daisy petals and center out of felt and attached to felt backing with hot glue.  Once set, I cut around the shape of the Daisy.


Turn flower face down with the light blue petal at the "12 o'clock" placement and place a quarter size glob of hot glue in the center.  Hold the tip of the headband antenna flat into the glob of glue and place a small square of felt on top.  Press down until glue sets.  My apologies for not getting a photo of this step.

Here is the finished product.  Time consuming but worth it.  Imagine a troop of 1st graders wearing these... very cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment